Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm thankful....

So I've posted two blogs so far and I'm not feeling connected to what I'm writing.  Maybe my ego is involved?


My grandmother used to sing all the time, especially while she worked.  And she always told me to sing while I worked to make my tasks easier and make the time go by faster.  Anyway, my grandmother has been gone for several years but I still hear her singing..." God answers prayers in the morning, God answers prayers at noon, God answers prayers in the evening so keep your heart in tune."  I don't want to go back to being"churchy" but I do want to strengthen my connection with that higher power.  This is still my journey to personal freedom but with expressions of gratitude.

I used to work in the outdoors in a wilderness program and that's when I really started to write down what I was thankful for.

Thank You for my family, for animals, for the roof over my head, and the clothes on my back. Thank You, God, for Mother Nature, for the eyes you gave me to see and the ears You gave me to hear and the voice You gave me to sing.  I love to sing.  It fills my heart with You.  Thank you for Sadie, Yellow, Goose, A.J. Jasmine, Beep-Beep, and Kim.

Quietjewel

No comments:

Post a Comment