Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Workout Fun

I just finished working out with one of my most favorite fitness instructors ever, Gilad Janklowicsz.  His workouts are easy enough for beginners and challenging enough to get immediate results.  Plus he has a sense of humor.  How great is that?  When your muscles are burning, you're tired, and you wanna say "enough" out comes some little humorous quip.  And maybe it's just me but these are the first workouts that have actually given me the results I'm looking for in those darned problem areas. That makes me smile.  So what are some other fun workouts?  Try dancing with Wii or Kinect Games.  Learn to salsa with Jennifer Galardi or jump right in with Patrick Goudeau.  If you have kids you can't miss a good ol' fashion game of tag or hide 'n' seek.  We have so many ways and so many opportunities to get in and stay in shape.  No excuses, right?  When I need weights for strength training I grab cans of soup or water bottles or anything I can fit in my hands that will offer resistance.  The other day my workout consisted of running up and down the stairs for 20 minutes.  When I start a new workout and it is difficult for me I don't get down on myself.  But I do push myself.  And if I can't make it all the way thru no big deal.  The next day I do five minutes more than the last until I've conquered it.  WAHOO!!  And it feels great.

Remember - You have the ability to accomplish any task you set your mind to do with ease and confidence

Quietjewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment