Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Throw off the bowlines

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover."  ~Mark Twain~

I've been listening to talks and reading books by Dr. Wayne Dyer for several years now.  And he has some great ways to throw the ego in the back seat and take back control of your life.  When you hear yourself start to think/say/do these excuses stop yourself and replace them with these affirmations.  It works!!


EXCUSES   /  AFFIRMATIONS
It will be difficult .   /   I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to do with ease and confidence.

It's going to be risky.  /   Being myself involves no risk.  It's my ultimate truth and I live fearlessly.
                                                                              
It will take a long time.  /   I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my own destiny.
                                                                          
There will be family drama.  /   I'd rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not.
                                                                          
I don't deserve it.  /   I am a divine creation, a piece of God.  How can I be undeserving.
                                                                           
It's not my nature.  /   My essential nature is perfect & flawless.  It is to this nature that I return.
                                                                            
I can't afford it.  /   I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.

No one will help me.  /   The right circumstances and the right people are already here & will show up on time
                                                                            

MORE LATER.  HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

quietjewel                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment